We run a variety of courses, from a gentle introduction to full weekend courses, which take place in our fully-equipped workshop in West London, or on-site at your request.
For more information on the courses we currently have scheduled, and to book a place, please follow the links below.
For corporate customers we can invoice your company directly.
• Introduction to bike maintenance – get to know your bike, safety checks and puncture repairs. More information here
• Intermediate bike maintenance – keep your bike in good running including brakes and gears. More information here
• Advanced bike maintenance – equip yourself with skills to service your own bike, wheel truing, headsets, bottom brackets, hubs and more. Ideal for individuals wanting to service their own bikes but also for those pursuing a career for example cycle instructors and Sustrans officers. Run in conjunction with Park Tools under the Park Tool School scheme. More information here
• Wheel building – learn the theory and practice of this highly prized skill in a one-day intensive course. More information here
• Brompton Bicycle – all the skills needed to keep this unique folding bike in good working order. More information here
• Bike touring – get the knowledge to transport your bike and keep it running on more long distance journeys as well as practical advice. More information here
• Hydraulic brakes – learn to how to bleed, set up and service braking systems from key manufacturers Shimano, Avid and Hope. More information here
• Sturmey Archer 3-speed hub gears – learn to how maintain, service and repair a number of variants of these legendary and ever-popular hub gears. More information here
• Build-a-bike – a structured course taking you through everything required to rebuild a bike. Normally run with young people to restore a donated bike to a safe riding condition. As these courses are typically booked to order, for more information and to discuss a booking, please email email@example.com
We run other bespoke courses too, including train-the-trainer, working with children’s bikes, etc. To discuss your requirements, do please send us an email.
All our courses are very hands-on and students work on their own bikes as well as our demonstration bikes. We have a long history of working with both individuals keen to increase their knowledge as well as with corporates and community groups.
In addition to all of the above, individuals are welcome to drop in to the workshop by prior arrangement to hire a workbench and make use of our resources.